Interested in helping Ukraine?
- Click here for information about the UCC’s Ukraine Emergency Appeal and giving to the UCC’s International Disasters Fund.
- Financial donations are also being accepted by SARA (Sharing America’s Resources Abroad), an ecumenical ministry affiliated with the Heartland Conference of the UCC. Click here to donate.
- Advocacy is another way to help. The UCC recently issued an advocacy alert encouraging these actions:
Join us in urging the Biden administration to support Ukrainians here and abroad by:
- Providing significant humanitarian assistance both in terms of financial support and operational personnel.
- Rebuilding a robust, well-resourced refugee program that can effectively process refugees from a variety of regions across the globe, including Ukraine.
- Designating Ukraine for Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) or Temporary Protected Status (TPS) to protect Ukrainians already in the U.S.
- Granting Special Student Relief (SSR) to allow eligible students from Ukraine to remain in the U.S.
After sending a message to the administration, join us in calling on Congress to:
- Urgently pass an emergency supplemental appropriations bill for foreign humanitarian assistance to Ukraine, where most of the emergency funding would go to helping Ukrainian refugees in Europe.
4. Please also remember all involved in your personal prayers. Prayer Vigils for peace are being held around the area. Peace begins in our own hearts and spreads outwards to our famiies, our communities, and the world.