Director of Connection and Engagement
The Director of Connection and Engagement supports Sylvania UCC in connecting individuals internally and externally through outreach, fellowship, worship, and membership. In each area of connection, opportunities are provided for in-person and digital engagement. The Director of Connection and Engagement will be an active participant in outreach, inreach, and digital communication offerings.
A demonstrated passion for people, desire to creatively communicate through digital and in-person mediums, and skills to foster connections both internal and external to the congregation’s life are essential to this position. This individual will work collaboratively with other staff, boards, and committees whose mission and activities align with this position.
The position has three general focus areas:
Outreach (Connecting the congregation to the community)
- Develop and deepen ties to local and global mission partners through ongoing engagement to expand the congregation’s opportunities for hands-on service.
- Create and implement service opportunities for individual members and the church as a whole.
- Seek and deliver innovative, effective, and practical ways to partner with the communities where our church family lives and serves.
- Proactively explore opportunities to increase membership on an individual and group basis with attention to the church’s regional and local reach.
Inreach (Connecting the congregation to each other)
- Develop and deliver in-person and digital events or regular gatherings that foster a sense of connection to the church family.
- Strengthen and encourage individual connections to the church family through strategies for new attendees and long-time members.
- Work collaboratively with staff, boards, and committees to develop and deliver shared programming that fosters connection.
Digital Communication (Connecting and Engaging the congregation and the community through digital platforms)
- Develop and implement digital communication strategies for current and future ministries, including worship, faith formation, outreach, membership, and fellowship.
- Maintain and expand existing social media and website usage to support the work of the faith community.
- Evaluate and iterate digital communications based on available data collected through social media platforms and the church website.
- Work collaboratively with boards and committees whose mission and activities align with this position.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Part-Time, this position is approximately 25-30 hours per week
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Innovative and Creative
- Affirms and supports progressive Christianity
- Ability to engage with diverse populations in the congregation and community
- Skills in digital media, marketing, or design not required but an asset