Health Ministries seeks to promote a life of wellness and wholeness through health-related education and counsel offered in the compassionate spirit of Jesus Christ.
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 NIV
You are invited to be a part of this ministry. Come to a Wellness Committee meeting to:
- learn more about what we are presently doing
- share your ideas, concerns and vision
- meet us and grow with us as we struggle to discern the church's role in health and wholeness
- grow in becoming a caring community
- lending closet - full of assistive devices, walkers, bedside commodes, bath chairs, canes, crutches, wheelchairs and more - all available for short or long term borrow to maximize your abilities and make your life easier, safer and more comfortable
- health counseling - we are available to talk with you individually about your concerns and questions or refer you.
- health education - programs and speakers scheduled to inform and educate on health topics and community resources, such as home care, hospice, rehabilitation, financial assistance, retirement and continuing care communities, getting through the maze of the health care system
- health screenings - blood pressure checks upon request
- flu shots scheduled in the fall
- Advance Directives - Advance Directive packets containing a Living Will and Power of Attorney for Heath Care are available in the office, and the pastoral staff is available to discuss and assist.
- others upon request
- Caring Partners - visitation ministry to those unable to participate in the life of the church as fully as they wish as a result of limitations in mobility. Members are introduced to another and visit them according to a schedule that suits both, developing a mutually caring relationship.